Wednesday, June 5, 2013

the new normal

We are home now. Iris was discharged from the hospital on Monday (June 3) and we have been trying to establish the semblance of a routine in our new apartment. It has basically been really difficult ever since we got home, starting with the first panicked dash to find where our diapers and wipes were (still) packed. 

It seems that the reflux medicine is either not working or I have not been able to get the dosing correct for the gas medicine. (I'm sure Iris will appreciate my writing about her gas pains on the internet). Yesterday I was concerned because she vomited and we were told to call the Cardiac Clinic if vomiting recurred. So on our first full day home I was convinced that she was having heart failure and that I screwed up her medications. Today seems to be going a bit better but reflux rears its head in the afternoons (so they say) so it's too early for me to say for certain how today is going. 


No comments:

Post a Comment