Sunday, April 24, 2016

home!

When I left Iris on Friday she had just come off of heated high flow and was on 2 liters of oxygen. I was thinking we'd get out maybe on Sunday, at the earliest.

So imagine my surprise on Saturday morning when Evan informed me that Iris had been on 0.5 liters for several hours and that we would surely go home on Saturday. I was skeptical because Evan had said something similar days before when Iris was still very sick. I think his exhaustion correlates closely with these predictions.

Evan's mom came in to town Friday evening and she corroborated Evan's story that some nurse or resident - someone with apparent authority - had come in to the room to say that we would be going home. I still didn't believe it until they had rounds and I got to hear it from the source.

So we were home before noon, which I still don't totally believe. Iris is still on oxygen full-time and she will come off it slowly.

For now, we can start recalibrating to regular life at home and enjoy all being in the same house once again.

I'm as exhausted as I look.

Super excited to see Baby Sibyl.

Relaxing together


No comments:

Post a Comment