Saturday, June 15, 2013

concerns

Iris has thrush. I think she is not eating so well (very) recently because of it. I asked someone -- perhaps one of the cardiologists at her clinic appointment -- about it and she said that it wasn't a bad case of thrush. Nevertheless, I am worried. I bought acidopholis to give to her, something that Dr. Sears recommends. She is also congested and seemed too sleepy this morning so I turned her oxygen up to 1/2 liter instead of 1/4 liter. The nurse at the pediatrician was not able to get her oxygen saturation level above 94 at that time and I think it's because of whatever congestion she is dealing with. I have tried to suck out some mucus from her nose a few times and have had varying levels of success. She vomited twice this morning to make up for her recent vomit-free past. This is doubly worrying since she hasn't been eating well. I am tired and need a nap. Evan worked this morning and is now sauteeing some veggies for dinner. 

1 comment:

  1. I remember you were wondering about thrush when I was there a week ago. Well, at least it's now been identified. Would it help if _you_ also ate a lot of acidophilus? Hope you were able to get a good nap.

    ReplyDelete