Saturday, July 20, 2013

chewing on oxygen

This is Iris's new favorite thing to do. Technically, the oxygen is still in the right area, but it's probably not having the intended effect.



I try to stop her as much as possible but it's not clear to me how you discipline a three-month old in this regard. I mostly rely on trying to distract her or by giving her something else to put in her mouth. My mom thinks she is in the early stages of teething and it seems like I've felt the start of some teeth in her gums.

Here are some of her without her oxygen on. It's easy to forget what she looks like without the tube running across her face.


Iris is basically sleeping through the night now, by which I mean from about 8:30pm to about 7am. I still have to get up around 3:30am to give her a dose of Sildenafil but otherwise she'd sleep straight through the night. I also take that time to nurse her but if she doesn't nurse properly then I have to pump, so I am up for about an hour total. Evan and I are both quite pleased with how well she sleeps and naps. She fusses just a little bit right before she falls asleep and it's really out of character for her to cry for extended periods of time. This is a drastic difference from before the surgery and even just after the surgery when I think she was in a lot of pain. 

Since my mom is in town Evan and I have been able to do a lot of grown-up things. We went to yoga Thursday night, tennis Friday morning and had a date on Friday night. Unprecedented.

It looks as if we are going to close on a house by the end of July. We have been in negotiations with various housing people since May and we are hopeful that we will own a home in Colorado shortly. The house needs some work so we won't move in right away but we both look forward to finally settling somewhere after having moved so much in the past few years. I think the official count is that we have moved four times in the past three years. Exhausting. But after move number five I hope we don't have to do it again for a long, long time.

No comments:

Post a Comment