Saturday, July 27, 2013

a busy week

We have had an unusual week - lots of visits and visitors. It's hard to record all that has happened this week, but I'll start with Wednesday's big milestone - recorded below:
Iris pushing up on her belly


Iris rolling over on her left side to her back

She can roll over now (on both sides)! She's really quite active - sometimes I worry that she's too active. The other very big news of the week: we closed on the house. Evan and I now own a home in Denver. There is a lot of work to be done on it and I am looking forward to having somewhere to deposit my creative energy.

 Evan and I had a date night on Friday - we went to Le Central. On the way home we talked about who we would want Iris to go to if anything happened to us. We have some amazing friends and family so we're fortunate to have several ideas. At some point we should get a will written. Our big goal for August is to get into a sustainable routine of exercise for both of us. We have benefited greatly from my mom's month-long visit but I still never managed to work on my dissertation proposal or get into a running routine.

I realize that I haven't written much about Iris's diagnoses and prognoses so that many readers of the blog might not have the full picture of what Iris is dealing with. I'll address that shortly.


No comments:

Post a Comment