Tuesday, October 4, 2016

eight months

After a couple months of mostly no sickness, we three girls have all come down with some stomach bug and Sibyl has an added cold. We haven't been sleeping well, partly because Sibyl is teething and partly because I haven't encouraged good fall asleep habits for her. I can't bring myself to let her cry it out.

She is pulling herself up and is ready to walk any day. She has 4 teeth and is about to get some new ones. She is babbling a ton and seems to say a version of "all done" when she's all done. I'm less militant about using sign language with her (like I did with Iris) but they also do it at school so I'm hoping that she'll start using signs for "milk" and "more" soon. She loves to drink water from a glass.

As for Iris, our neighbors passed down a strider earlier this summer and she loves to ride it. She also started a creative movement dance class earlier in September. They mostly jump around to songs and then learn one or two ballet positions. At the end of the class they curtsey.



We went to our first family volleyball game earlier in the month. The University of Denver has a varsity team. They played Georgetown (and DU won). I miss playing volleyball a lot. Someday in the near future I hope to start playing in a club. (I also hope to start having regular family sing alongs and start playing guitar/piano regularly and... the list goes on.)



Iris is supposed to finally get her routine brain (and aorta) MRI the first week in October. We've had to reschedule it a million times this year due to illness, snow, and misunderstandings on the part of the schedulers.

No comments:

Post a Comment