Friday, January 1, 2016

patience

Patience is not my strong suit.

Baby number #2 is due tomorrow, January 2, and I am frustrated that she hasn't made her debut yet. I was convinced that we'd have an early arrival, but no dice. I'm also still totally freaked out at the prospect of having two children and I have no idea how we are going to make it work.

In the last few days Iris has started shouting at my belly, "Baby, come out! I want to play with you!" She has also been helping my mom rub my feet, which is especially cute.

Thanks to my mom's free babysitting, Evan and I have seen more movies at the movie theatre in the past few weeks than we have in the past two years. Three. It's possible we will get a fourth in before the baby comes. I'm also doing my best to cherish the little cuddle moments I get with Iris that will certainly change once the baby arrives.

Basically, though, I'm not sure how to be patient as I grow increasingly uncomfortable and wish to sleep on my stomach again. For now, I'll go drink some raspberry leaf tea and work on finishing our Christmas cards... 

No comments:

Post a Comment