Friday, December 20, 2013

vacation

I spent most of Friday getting ready for our trip to New Mexico. I know that all babies require a lot of gear but this baby's extra gear is a real pain to procure. I had an intention to be very calm and mellow for the whole day but the time spent frantically trying to get Iris her Digoxin refill after the pharmacy botched the refill order shot me right out of any serenity. I spent a good hour or so grumbling to myself about the whole thing. It's amazing to me how many times things would have gone wrong had Evan or I not spoken up.

The good news, however, is that I got the medicine, we have extra pulse ox probes to measure her oxygen levels, we're taking the oxygen concentrator with us, and she got her Synagis shot in the afternoon (a few days early). So she's ready to go...medically speaking. She may not be ready for the six-hour drive, but we're leaving super early so as to maximize sleeping time.

I'm always very happy to go home to Los Alamos, especially for Christmas. Evan is also looking forward to the break. Here is a photo of him packing. And he just said, "I'm really excited to go to New Mexico."


No comments:

Post a Comment