Monday, November 11, 2013

nose-frida

Iris got sick on Thursday or Friday last week. She has been producing more snot than a drunken sailor does swear. Lucky of her (and us), my friend Tinka told me about an amazing snot sucker from Sweden: the Nose-Frida. As a parent, you do actually suck the snot out of the baby's nose. Don't worry, it never gets to your mouth.


I loved it so much that I bought two. And we've been using them both a lot. It's one thing when an otherwise healthy baby gets a snot-heavy cold, but how on earth does a baby on oxygen get enough oxygen when her nose is totally stopped up? She has been letting us know when it's time for another clearing session -- not that we could miss it. I do think that we're past the worst of it. She had a fairly good night last night and I even managed to have a couple dreams.

On an unrelated note, Evan is no longer a car-free commuter and we are no longer a one-car family. We bought a used Toyota Corolla over the weekend. This will cut his commute time by half.

No comments:

Post a Comment