Friday, October 18, 2013

33

Evan brought home flowers on Monday in honor of my birthday. Cacti, also. Yes, we have a red wall in the living room.

'

We then had a family dinner out at an Indian restaurant.

 
 
Being 33 feels pretty good, all things considered.
 
Iris had an appointment at the Heart Institute and also met with the pulmonary nurse. It was an exciting meeting. They have concluded that her pulmonary hypertension is very mild and that she has likely outgrown her Sildenafil dose. So we can stop giving her Sildenafil. This is the medication that I had been giving her three times a day, once at 4:45 every morning. More sleep for me! We will also try her off Lasix in mid-December, about a month before going back for the next appointment. Otherwise, she's staying on Prevacid and Digoxin for a bit longer.

The other exciting news is that we are to start weaning her oxygen. I have had her back up to a 1/4L for the last few days because she seems to be showing signs of a cold. Evan and I both have some lingering sickness and it seems she got a bit of it.

When we first got the pulse ox for home use I was supposed to keep her oxygen saturation level to above 94%. Today they decided that we can lower that a bit, to above 92%. I don't totally love this as a new threshold but I will start weaning her a bit more once she has recovered from this most recent cold. They also mentioned that some babies have to have oxygen while sleeping for years, even after they are off it while awake.

And, she is on track with her weight. I had been quite worried about this, particularly since I've been sick and not producing as much milk. She weighs a whopping 6.61kg (14lbs 9oz).

 Here she is in her turtle seat.

No comments:

Post a Comment